Friday, December 31, 2010

Who's that kid, Chuck??

     Wow.     
     It has been a cazy (as Josiah would say) past two weeks and it will probably require a couple of posts to thoroughly and sufficiently honor and scrutinize them; suffice it to say, it was a very merry Christmas, and is currently poised to be a very happy new year. It's also important, nay, crucial to note that at midnight tonight I will not be switching my allegiance so much as I will be officially, publicly announcing my newfound  loyalty to the Brewers. After much cajoling, heckling, verbal abuse, threats, and assaults upon my personal integrity, I have recognized the superior wisdom of cleaving to the Brew Crew for baseball glory; having thus set my covenantal love upon them, I will be steadfast in my faithfulness to their cause and will pray imprecatory prayers against all who would broker opposition to their might.

     ...or something like that...

     I have reliable information from worthy sources that I will not be disowned for this turn of events, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed nevertheless.
     Goodbye, Cubs. Rest in peace. (Or pieces, rather!)*
     Phil and Deanna's party awaits us, and if I have anything to say about it, much sparkling grape juice will be consumed as 2011 springs upon us. Farewell, 2010- you've been good to us all. And you'll be missed more than my misplaced Cubs loyalty.**
     Let's rip!


*It's comments like that that will get me disowned!
**I'm a dead man.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see that you are now officially part of the family! Welcome to the kingdom bro! Hey, how bout we celebrate by taking in a game or 2 down at Miller Park?... Against the Cubs?... Don't want to get ahead of myself... I understand that you are a new believer and I certainly wouldn't want to cause you to stumble! Grin

    Brewers in 11!=)

    Steve

    ReplyDelete